Großes Mod Projekt

• Das ist der fehler mit dem Zeroeditor

• Off-topic:

Kann auch am Betriebssystem liegen oder versuch doch mal eine Neuinstallation.

Wenn es am Betriebssystem liegen sollte, solltest du dir mal die neusten Updates für dein System besorgen.

Ich selbst habe auf Windows 7 auch Probleme, wie z.b eine Welt im Virsualmunge verarbeitet zukriegen.

• Jemand ne Idee es hilft nix der Zeroeditor geht nicht :-(
    mein PC sollte es doch schaffen:
    Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
    Intel Core 2 Duo Prozessor
    2 GB Arbeitsspeicher

Ist in C installiert also de Pfad zum Zeroeditor wäre

C:\BF2_Modtools\Data\Zerodeditor.exe

battlefront Pfad ist E:\Programfiles\Lucas Arts\Starwarsbattlefront2\

jemand ne Idee?

Ich verzweifel Grad ;( ;( ;(

• Schon mindestens 10 ma neu Installiert

habe ja auf gt en tread mit deinem prob gemacht hier die antworten ich hoffe du kannst english
    In this post you will find a compilation of possible fixes collected from around this site and the internet in an effort to keep information in one place, some may or may not work for you, cross your fingers and read on.

I wish we had a definite solution for everyone to get ZeroEditor to run on Vista but there seems to be alot of inconsistency in who is able to get it to run and how they got it working, it just doesn't seem to work for all Vista users.
    I would love to put this issue to rest so we don't have to deal with it anymore, but I think we need more feedback from those who have and have not gotten it to work.

Questions for Vista users ONLY:

Does ZE work for you?
    What edition of Vista are you running?
    What graphics card are you currently using?(example: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS)
    What's the current driver version of your gfx card?(example: 186.18)
    Did you upgrade an old XP machine to Vista or purchase it already installed?
    Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
    What version of Microsoft .NET Framework do you currently have installed?
    more questions will be added later(if necessary)....

Here's a list of some things to try, try them in order and 1 at a time, revert change before trying the next if no success:

Update your graphics card driver
    Roll back your graphics card driver(if possible)
    Run ZE with 3D-Analyze
    Change your display Color quality settings to Highest 32 bit
    If you're using NVidia try turning off Threaded Optimization
    Download and install the .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.
    Install the BF2 Modtools as Administrator
    Change the compatibility mode for ZE
    Right click on the ZeroEditor.exe and "Run as Administrator"

Disclaimer
    You promise that by using any of the above methods you:

(a) will not blame me or Gametoast if anything goes wrong with your computer after you try it
    (b) will not ask me questions about it because I don’t really know much about Vista
    (c) will not blame me or Gametoast if anything goes wrong with your computer after you try it

Statistics
    -_-(SkyHawk) can't get ZE to work on his PC:

Try to run ZE with 3D-Analyze -- Same Result(ZE crash)
    Try updating your graphics card drivers -- Most Updated
    Change your display settings to Highest 32 bit -- Always ran on 32 bit
    I'm running 32-bit Vista
    I changed it(compatibility mode) to XP SP2 the moment it didn't work.
    I'm running Vista Ultimate, and it's the full version.
    I formatted my old xp computer and installed Vista fresh.
    It worked before with Vista Ultimate, so it must've been some pointless Vista update that broke it.
    Just reformatted my computer, installed Vista Ultimate fresh, along with a few updates, and ZE doesn't work already.

DarthRogueKnight's PC freezes when trying to run ZE:

Does ZE work for you? no
    What edition of Vista are you running? Ultimate
    What type of graphics card do you have? NVIDIA GeForce 8400
    Did you upgrade an old XP machine to Vista or purchase it already installed? Neither, custom built computer
    Are you running 32 or 64 bit? 32
    What version of Microsoft .NET Framework do you currently have installed? 1.1

DarthRogueKnight wrote:
    I solved my problem, ZE didn't work when i had my NVIDIA GeForce 8600 in, but as soon as i downgraded to my NVIDIA GeForce 8400, it started working again.
    ^ he reported earlier that ZE wouldn't work with his NVIDIA GeForce 8400...not his 8600.

ecko_66 can get ZE to work when reverting to older gfx driver(163.69) :

I have windows vista home premium
    My graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
    When my driver version is 7.15.11.6369 Zeroeditor works
    Updating my driver to 7.15.11.7813(178.13) Zeroeditor displays a Runtime Error message
    When my driver is outdated Zeroeditor works
    When I allow vista to update my driver Zeroeditor gives me a runtime error
    Right now I just revert to my old driver, and Zeroeditor works

(502)GEN.york got ZE to work after a gfx driver update:

What edition of Vista are you running? Home premium
    What type of graphics card do you have? Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
    Are you running 32 or 64 bit? 32
    ...after the latest graphics card update (mod tools was uninstalled) I reinstalled mod tools without changing any settings and IT WORKS!..and I should point out that I changed my resolution to 1280 by 1024

numanair got ZE to work after installing Vista SP2:

Does ZE work for you? After installing Vista sp2, but not before
    Running Vista 32 bit Home Premium
    He has Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed.
    Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT driver ver. 185.85
    I think that the sp2 is currently only available in English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.

numanair wrote:
    I did update my graphics card driver recently, but I didn't test between installing it and the sp2. I installed the mod tools after installing the sp2, I that has anything to do with it.
    Should I see what happens with an older driver?

...Since I finished setting up my Xp computer I changed back to the old Vista driver. The old one that I installed was version 182.08. It caused a runtime error in zeroeditor. So (on my machine) it was the graphics card driver causing the error.
    The new 186.18 update works for me also

mswf got ZE to work after a gfx driver update to 186.18

What edition of Vista are you running? Vista home premium
    What type of graphics card do you have? NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
    Are you running 32 or 64 bit? 32-bit

501st_commander cannot get ZE to work:

Does ZE work for you? No
    What edition of Vista are you running? Vista home basic
    What type of graphics card do you have? NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE
    Did you upgrade an old XP machine to Vista or purchase it already installed? pre installed
    Are you running 32 or 64 bit? 32-bit
    What version of Microsoft .NET Framework do you currently have installed? 1.1, 1.1 hotfix and 3.5 SP1

SilvaDalek got ZE to work after a gfx driver update:

What edition of Vista are you running? Home Premium
    What type of graphics card do you have? Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT
    Are you running 32 or 64 bit? I have a 64 bit comp, but it only runs on 32 bit

Nova Hawk got ZE to work after a gfx driver update to 186.18

What edition of Vista are you running? Home Premium
    What type of graphics card do you have? NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
    Are you running 32 or 64 bit? 32 bit

Report this post

das sind die möglichkeiten !

• Wenn einer ein Tutorial macht (und ich das verstehe) helfe ich gerne.
    Stell mich außerden dafür bereit als Tester und wenn es gemacht wird als Storyschreiber(ich kann gut Story schreiben,hab selbst eine gemacht für X-Wing Alliance und die Karten hab ich selbst alle fertig gemacht (bin allerdings noch nicht fertig))
    :xwing: :xwing: :xwing: :xwing: :xwing:

• Frage an ReeN:

Von wem geht das Projekt aus?
    Wer sind die Ansprechpersonen?
    Werden die Maps wenn sie abgesegnet sind zu 100 % in der ESL erlaubt?
    Gab es schon ähnliche Projekte?
    Gibt es Nennungen der Modder, bzw. Ehrungen?

• Oh man DeWitt manchmal versteh ich ReeN echt wenn er was bestimmtes zu mir sagt.
    Hier gehts erstma drum ob es überhaupt genug Leute gibt die sich für so ein Projekt interessieren würden DANACH kann man über die Aufgabenteilung reden. Da der Mod dann von der Community erstellt wird würd ich ma sagen das geht von der Community aus.
    Was ESL angeht mhm DENKEN wir mal kurz nach ob es die dort geben würde.

Verbuggte Maps gegen nicht verbuggte/weniger verbuggte

So schwer ist die Antwort ja wohl nicht.
    Und natürlich werden die Leute des Mods genannt. Wie das passiert bespricht man dann wenns ma beginnt.
    Bissl nachdenken hilft oft sich Fragen selbst beantworten zu können.

AAAGH scheiss Tag war das ey -.-

• @ All:
    Es dürfen sich zwar gerne auch "Anfänger" melden, aber in erster Linie richtet sich das Projekt an die erfahrenen Modder, da recht viel recht schnell und recht gut erledigt werden sollte. Anfänger brauchen ja erstmal einige Zeit, um überhaupt die Grundlagen zu erlernen.

Von wem geht das Projekt aus?

Wird erst bekannt gegeben, wenn diejenigen davon überzeugt sind, dass genug Modder helfen würden und das Projekt definitiv umsetzbar ist.

Wer sind die Ansprechpersonen?

Siehe Frage hier drüber.

Werden die Maps wenn sie abgesegnet sind zu 100 % in der ESL erlaubt?

Kann ich nur begrenzt was zu sagen. Ich persönlich (als Spieler) würde sie sofort erlauben, da es einfach bugfreie Versionen der Maps wären. Als ESL Admin (was ich ja auch bin) müsste ich es dann erstmal abwägen, mit den restlichen Admins diskutieren und ggf die Community befragen. Lässt sich also noch nicht zu 100% sagen, wäre aber durchaus denkbar. Bugfrei ist halt besser als verbugt ^^

Gab es schon ähnliche Projekte?

In dem großen Ausmaß denke ich nicht, aber ist ja eigentlich auch egal oder?

Gibt es Nennungen der Modder, bzw. Ehrungen?

Würde ich erstmal von ausgehen. Alle, die wirklich produktiv mitarbeiten, werden bestimmt irgendwie irgendwo erwähnt.